Online IPL Betting
The IPL is without a doubt, the most popular T20 cricket league in world cricket. Millions of cricket fans from all over the globe follow the IPL every season and it’s no wonder that the IPL attracts significant interest, especially when it comes to online cricket betting. Ever since its introduction in 2008, the IPL has become increasingly popular and so has been online betting in India. Online IPL betting has become popular not only with fans and players but also with businesses, brands and bookmakers. The IPL 2020 was scheduled to begin on 29 March and continue all the way to 24 May 2020. Unfortunately, as a result of the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak, its start had to be postponed until 15 April. The BCCI top brass saw the need to put off the tournament following the advice from the government of India.
Nevertheless, IPL betting is easily accessible online. Therefore, it doesn’t surprise that IPL betting rates are available on several popular sports betting platforms. Indian players bet on several portals with 4rabet being among the most popular ones. 4rabet is one of a few sports betting sites that accept Indian rupee (INR) deposits via credit card, eWallets, such as Skrill and Neteller, and other methods of payment. 4rabet offers some of the best IPL betting rates and is among the most trusted websites available to Indians.
Online betting on the Indian Premier League matches is legal across all the 29 states of India. Speaking of the position of the Indian government, only those games of chance where the real money is involved are considered illegal. However, it is important to note that laws regarding IPL betting are largely absent or somewhat unclear.
IPL Cricket Betting
Online cricket betting is one of today’s most popular activities in Asia, especially India. Even though England may have invented cricket, it is, without a doubt, India that is cricket’s largest market. Today, the Indian Premier League is the largest cricket league in the world. It attracts not only hundreds of thousands of fans but also millions of cricket betting enthusiasts who are eager to place a bet on the Indian Premier League online.
Primarily, Indian cricket is divided into international and domestic matches. At 4rabet, rest assured of several betting options at both levels as well as across formats (Test and limited-overs).
While cricket remains to be the second most popular sport in the world, in India, it is the country’s most popular sport. One wouldn’t be mistaken to say that betting, especially on the Indian Premier League, is equally popular as cricket is in India. For instance, when two top IPL rivals play against each other, the stakes of individuals in India go high and it is the time when the business of gambling thrives.
In India, the laws concerning IPL betting are somewhat unclear with the government not having announced any guidelines or regulations related to IPL cricket betting. With seemingly no stringent regulations as such, there has been a surge of interested players willing to place IPL bets almost anytime there’s an IPL event taking place.
According to a report published by the Hindustan Times in 2016, the Indian online sports betting market was worth slightly over $150 billion per year. As of now, it has increased to over $200 billion, with betting on IPL cricket being one of the biggest contributors to it. An average online IPL cricket betting is worth more than $300 million and its worth increases tremendously with high profile events such as IPL knockouts taking place.
IPL Match Betting
Are you new to the world of online sports betting and IPL betting in particular? If so, then you might have heard people talking about matched betting, a term that might make you even more confused. So, what exactly is matched betting? In short, matched betting is more of a low-risk type of betting, typically on sports events, that many players use to make guaranteed winnings.
Matched betting is mostly referred to as ‘no-risk betting’, ‘double betting’ or ‘bonus hunting.’ Matched betting is a technique that allows players to make money, mostly by free bets that IPL betting sites offer. As opposed to relying on luck, a player covers all the potential of a sporting event by placing two bets so s/he wins regardless of how the final result looks like.
For you to understand how matched betting actually works, we will take an apt example of an IPL match scheduled to take place between Chennai Super Kings and Kolkata Knight Riders. As you can see below, there’s a clear presentation of bookmakers’ actual odds that each team receives out of the overall 100%, compared to bookmakers’ adjusted odds.
Actual Odds at Betting Exchanges
Chennai Super Kings to triumph: 4,489.79 Indian rupee stake at 1.67 with a payout rate of 7,482.73 Indian rupees.
Kolkata Knight Riders to triumph: 2,993.19 Indian rupee stake at 2.50 with a payout rate of 7,482.73 Indian rupees.
Adjusted Odds offered by Bookmakers
Chennai Super Kings to win: 4,489.79 Indian rupee stake at 1.43 with a payout rate of 6,360.32 Indian rupees.
Kolkata Knight Riders to win: 2,993.19 Indian rupee stake at 2.00 with a payout rate of 5,986.18 Indian rupees.
In the above example, when it comes to actual odds, the relative chance of a win by Chennai Super Kings stands at 60%, while that of Kolkata Knight Riders stands at 40%. Combining them totals 100%, which is the expected result. Example number two revolves around bookmakers’ odds. As you can see, the odds surpass the 100% mark. This is the overround that guarantees bookmakers that they will always gain some profit. For instance, a Chennai Super Kings win over Riders is priced at 70% with a Riders win being 50%. Here, even in a worst-case scenario, a bookie is guaranteed to get a profit of 1,122.41 Indian rupees.
Players who enjoy IPL matched betting will find some bookies with more generous offers. However, a better place to begin your IPL matched betting journey is 4rabet. Here, rest assured of great markets for both laying and backing (the two stages of matched betting).
IPL Betting Rates
Just like in a game of football, rugby, tennis or volleyball, to mention a few, where you’ll find betting odds or a prop wager, the same is true when it comes to IPL betting. Simply put, betting rates are the odds of a match. There are several types of IPL cricket odds that players can bet all season long. When it comes to matters concerning IPL betting rates, there’s quite a lot to pay attention to. Some of the most common IPL betting rates include:
- Props Betting – In IPL betting, props betting is placing bets but on aspects that aren’t related to the outcome of the game, such as Top Team Batsman.
- Mobile Betting – It involves betting on a mobile device before or during an event.
- Futures Betting – This is betting on who will win the overall season.
- Live Betting – This is betting on matches that have already started with odds changing constantly. 4rabet stands out as one of the sites with the highest IPL live betting odds in India.
- Match Handicap – Here, a player gives one team a virtual deficit to overcome at the beginning of the event. The opponent is awarded a virtual start.
- Moneyline Odds – You have to correctly predict the team that will register an outright win.
IPL Betting Tips
Since the number of IPL betting sites has grown immensely in the recent past, there is a need to be armed with proper betting tips to become astute bettors. That’s where our team of experts come in handy with their solid expert advice and betting tips acquired from playing using real money on India’s top betting sites. Read on to discover important IPL betting tips to help you begin your IPL betting journey successfully.
- Set a Betting Budget – Prior to analysing what to bet on, ensure that you put aside some specific amount of money strictly for your betting budget. Before anything else, you must know your limit. Don’t use funds meant for personal use to bet. Separate the money meant for your personal expenses such as rent and transport from the money you intend to use to wager on IPL events. Betting, especially on the IPL can become addictive and the last thing you’d want to do is to spend all your saving on betting.
- Look at the IPL Betting Odds – After you’ve set aside a reasonable betting budget, you may have to do a research regarding the odds in play. You need to get acquainted with odds when engaging in online betting since such figures determine not only the probability but the profit that comes with a successful bet.
- Get to Know the Teams – Betting properly and expecting some winnings when betting on the IPL requires research, research and... more research. Without it, all the bets that you get to place will be based on pure guesses, which, on most occasions, rarely ends well. What are the strengths of the team you are about to bet on? What about their weaknesses? How did they perform in the last match? These are some of the most important factors that you need to consider before betting on an IPL event. If you don’t know where to begin, especially in terms of research, then an effective way of doing this is by reviewing each player’s T20 stats. Here, you’ll find plenty of data on players with information on batting and bowling averages.
- Recent IPL Champions (2015 - 2019) – Past performance is an important factor to look at when considering placing bets on IPL. A team’s success is motivation, especially to previous winners. To help you out, here is the list of the IPL winners of the last five years.
2019: Mumbai Indians
2018: Chennai Super Kings
2017: Mumbai Indians
2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad
2015: Mumbai Indians
As can be seen above, the Mumbai Indians have managed to clinch the IPL trophy three times, with Chennai Super Kings winning once and managing to come second twice. As it appears, there seems to be a trend among the teams that manage to make it all the way to the finals each year. Keeping a keen eye on the strong IPL performers may help you gain some understanding of which team is likely to win the next round of the IPL.
- Focus on skilled players – There are many skilled players that you can bet on in any IPL tournament. Getting an idea of who stands out from the crowd will boost your chances of turning your bets into profits. Some of the notable names here include Josh Butler, who managed to score 548 runs for the Rajasthan Royals during the 2018 season. Another notable figure is Sam Curran who has been showing phenomenal results.
- Find the best IPL betting site – There’s nothing more frustrating than signing up on IPL betting sites that leave you with an unpleasant betting experience. A good IPL betting site is the one with fast payout rates, outstanding customer support, attractive bonuses and promotions as well as a huge number of payment options. Are you in search of a reputable and reliable IPL betting site? If so, look no further than 4rabet. We are India’s most trusted and reliable IPL sportsbook. We value players’ security and pay special attention to providing faster payout rates than the rest. Our payment options are vast and our mobile betting app allows you to quickly place bets on any IPL events. It goes without saying that you would probably want to get the biggest possible welcome bonus. That’s why we offer our customers a 200% welcome bonus upon signing up.
What is IPL betting?
IPL betting is placing bets on several teams or players playing in the IPL or India’s national cricket league.
How to make money in IPL betting?
It’s simple. All you have to do is to follow a few betting tips such as the form of team and players and to place your bet on a reputable IPL site.
Is IPL betting legal in India?
Yes. IPL betting is legal in all 29 Indian states. In India, IPL betting is a grey area with no law prohibiting it. Players are free to bet on IPL.
End-user licence agreement
General terms and conditions
Rules on a separate sport
- Online Betting in India
- Football Betting
- Basketball Betting
- Tennis Betting
- Table Tennis Betting
- Baseball Betting
- Cricket Betting
- Horse Racing Betting
- IPL Betting
- Live Betting
- Live Cricket Betting
- Live IPL Betting
- Online Casino
- Online Casino Bonus
- Free Slots
- No Deposit Bonus
- Free Spins
- Online Slots
- Mobile Slots
- New Games
- Video Poker
- Online Blackjack
- Online Baccarat
- Online Roulette
- European Roulette
- American Roulette
- French Roulette
- Live Roulette
- Online Keno
- Online Bingo
- Live Casino
- Virtual Sports Betting
- Joker Poker
- IPL Cricket Betting